Dallas is the ninth-largest city in the United
States. The current population breakdown:
- Dallas is the least densely populated major metropolitan area in the world.
- Some 58 different languages are spoken in the homes of Dallas Public School children.
- The new Dallas light rail system is the newest and most modern urban transportation system in the United States.
- Dallas is one of the ten largest municipalities in the nation.
- The Dallas area is the largest metropolitan area in the nation (possibly in the world) not on a navigable body of water.
- Dallas has more shopping centers per capita than any other major U.S. city.
- The Munger Place neighborhood, located in East Dallas, represents the largest concentration of Prairie Style homes early 1900s, two-story homes with a low-pitched roof and one story wings or porches with massive square porch supports in the nation.